Monday, July 11, 2011

A Video and Special Thank You



It's only nine days until my surgery!!! Explaining the process of my jaw surgery can be difficult and visualizing what is happening can be even harder. For those of you who would like a more visual explanation of the process, I have attached a YouTube video of someone who underwent the same surgery (simply press play and then follow the link to YouTube). She had her upper jaw moved up, her lower jaw moved forward, and her chin extended. As a note, it only provides before and after pictures, so there is no need to worry about "gory" pictures from the actual surgery. The x-rays around 2:26 really help show where everything is moved and how it is reattached.

I also would like to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive as I start to get ready for surgery. Whether you have tried to help me figure out what I'm going to do when I can't chew for six weeks or simply wished me good luck, every word of encouragement is appreciated more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment