Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 28: One Month Post-Op

Wow! Has it already been a month since my surgery? I can hardly believe it! It seems like just yesterday I was taking pain killers and eating through a syringe. To say the least, I think I've come a long way.

Every time I look at the pictures I take of myself on a daily basis compared to my "before" pictures, I can't believe what an incredible change there has been in the way I look. Going into the surgery, I knew that I would end up looking different, but I never expected this much change. To be completely honest, I couldn't have been happier with the way things are coming along. Here's a look at how different my smile is:

Click the picture for a larger view.

For the past few days I have been extremely busy with training for Welcome Week, and every now and then I'm tired and my mouth gets a little bit sore. Therefore, I try to utilize the small amount of free time I have by laying down and relaxing.

I still am a little bit swollen in my cheeks and upper lip, but as I've said before, that will take a few months to disappear. Since a lot of the changes from day to day are no longer substantial, I will only be updating my blog on a weekly basis from now on unless something earth shattering happens.

Here are the rest of today's pictures:





3 comments:

  1. Looking good, sis!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ........define 'earth shattering'........LOL. Love ya Meggie ~ So glad you are back to being a happy girl!! Mrs Prowseee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan! You look amazing, you are beautiful inside and out! Good luck in school this year.

    Mrs. Danic

    ReplyDelete